Office of Small Business Programs
Subcontracting Program Management
Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) Subcontracting Program Manager provides MDA prime contractors and small subcontractors with progressive, forward-looking information regarding subcontracting best practices and the latest subcontracting program news within the MDA and the Department of Defense (DoD).
In addition to making prime contract opportunities available to small businesses, the OSBP is committed to the maximum utilization of small businesses as subcontractors, and facilitating an environment that is conducive to the formation of lasting mutually-beneficial relationships between the MDA large prime contractors and small businesses.
To carry out our subcontracting program, the MDA OSBP:
- Assists internal customers develop acquisition strategies that seek opportunities to leverage the capabilities of our small business partners.
- Serves as the principal government liaison to the MDA Small Business Advocacy Council and facilitates council information exchanges and other activities to achieve mutual objectives in the areas of best practices, training and outreach in support of MDA’s BMDS development, fielding and sustainment mission.
- Reviews subcontracting plans, offers recommendations prior to approval and monitors contractors’ performance against plans.
- Develops small business utilization criteria and metrics for award fee plans and assesses performance for contractor award fee ratings.
- Provides small firms the opportunity to present their capabilities to prime contractors.
- Publishes a directory of contractors seeking to do business with MDA as a tool to assist small businesses with finding opportunities.
- Serves as the electronic Subcontract Reporting System (eSRS) agency coordinator to ensure timely and accurate subcontract reporting.
Learn more about subcontracting with the MDA or DoD in the
Small Business Resources.
For more small business subcontracting opportunities, please visit the SBA SUBnet website.
[top of page]